High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

360 kit build, advice needed

Bob Smith

New OPE Member
Local time
3:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I posted this in ask the experts and got no response so moving it to here for a try. when first start saw ran ok then began to slow and puff out the square hole below the carburetor opening, as seen with air cleaner off, now won’t start. Compression good, spark blue, new crankshaft seals, arm tired. This square hole looks like a vent to me and would only blow out air fuel if diaphragm was bad. Could this be the trouble?

Bob Smith

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes that’s it exactly, that’s what I was thinking. Does that mean a serious saw problem or just carburetor issue. Thought about rebuilding carburetor but just ordered new one from HL supply. Thanks for looking. A puffing off fuel and air was coming out as saw slowed and died.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure its coming out of there? My and other 660 kits (i know yours is a 360 kit) came with the carb metering level arm way too high causing severe flooding, and i was getting blowback through the carb. As said, there should be nothing coming out of that hole, it has no connection to the fuel system.

Bob Smith

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sure its coming out of there? My and other 660 kits (i know yours is a 360 kit) came with the carb metering level arm way too high causing severe flooding, and i was getting blowback through the carb. As said, there should be nothing coming out of that hole, it has no connection to the fuel system.
So what is the fix?

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ripped diaphragm in carb?
I’ve heard of AM carbs with debris in them from manufacturing.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here's a PDF file for Zama carb kits...

Attachments

• QuickKit_CR2007.pdf
    348.2 KB · Views: 4

Pincher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For others that might want to help, here is his post from ask the experts.

I’m new here and need help. I just did my first kit saw and it was fun. It started right up and I adjusted the idle and was adjusting the high speed jet when it began to run sour and died. Now it won’t start. It seems to have good compression, and a good blue spark. I had the aircleaner off while running and as it quit fuel and air was puffing out the square hole at the bottom of the carburetor. Is this an indication of why it won’t start? I have newseals on both sides of the crank. And a new spark plug. What do you think?

Bob Smith

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think the diaphragm has a leak in it, going to take it in the House where light is better and check it out. Just ordered a new carb from HL supply. A kit was nine, while new was thirty. Will let you know when it is on. I still think there was air and fuel coming out of the square vent hole. But I was turning the high speed screw when it conked out.

Bob Smith

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The diaphragm looks ok . Is there a setting for the metering arm? Or is bend it down exact enough? I pushed it until it has half the movement it had but still moves needle up and down.
So what is the fix?
maybee , I was pretty excited to was running. But won’t restart. What is a good high speed jet starting point?

Bob Smith

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Had it running good on idle then held open to adjust high speed. Have cranked lots with plug out, new plug not wet, no pop. Compression valve in or out? I really can’t crank it much with it out.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it’s cold and dry, standard starting procedure.
Switch all the way down (high idle choke), pull till it pops.
Switch up one position ( high idle), pull til it starts,
Blip the throttle to move switch to normal run.

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m no expert but you should learn to rebuild this carb also. Nothing wrong with ordering new one, but the more you learn about them the better you become understanding your saw. I’m still reading and learning a lot on here.
Great knowledge here and lots of people to share freely. Great place to learn.

Pincher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might be time to learn how to press/vac test. Had a ms361 impulse line come off and quit running as you described. If a crank seal was installed too deep where it touches the bearing and failed is also possible.

Bob Smith

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Might be time to learn how to press/vac test. Had a ms361 impulse line come off and quit running as you described. If a crank seal was installed too deep where it touches the bearing and failed is also possible.
Well I’ve got the carb off just pull the muffler and then plug it all up. Not to far from able to do that test. Then put pressure and vacuum through pulse line, right?

Bob Smith

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I put the case together with seals in place, after some study that worried me so I replaced them both. The flywheel side looked puckered .