359 flooding

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm working on a 359 with flooding issues,saw is pouring fuel through carb while sitting on its clutch side soaking the airfilter and flooding the saw as well,I've rebuild the carb and no changes. Even If I clear all fuel out saw floods so fast it doesn't have a chance to start. Yes it's the walbro carb that's been reported as a problem a lot, should I replace whole carb or is there a solution to this problem, thanks guys

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm working on a 359 with flooding issues,saw is pouring fuel through carb while sitting on its clutch side soaking the airfilter and flooding the saw as well,I've rebuild the carb and no changes. Even If I clear all fuel out saw floods so fast it doesn't have a chance to start. Yes it's the walbro carb that's been reported as a problem a lot, should I replace whole carb or is there a solution to this problem, thanks guys

Have you checked pop off pressure?

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you checked pop off pressure?
No sir I haven't, but I did just swap the carb of my 2159 on to it and it runs like a champ, it's the same model carb as what's on the 359 (walbro 199)

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No sir I haven't, but I did just swap the carb of my 2159 on to it and it runs like a champ, it's the same model carb as what's on the 359 (walbro 199)

Sounds like the inlet needle is leaking. Fought an SDC walbro on the same description.