346xp cylinder kits

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
6:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since this is from HL supply, the 44.3mm kit has worked well for me. Good for a budget beater/350 hop up.

Lootbug

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always wondered why Meteor doesn't make one? Seems like a popular rebuild model.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Be great if Hyway would make one , I've been real pleased with their kits . Caber rings used though , I find the rings supplied by Hyway too hard and brittle ,

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought OEM when I converted my 2152 to a 2153. They are about $200.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One of my customers runs a tree service and uses a big bore 046 I rebuilt for him with the Hyway cyl & piston/Caber ring kit . He uses it a lot felling and bucking . Been a year since it was done and he recently had it in for some other repair . I pulled the jug just to have a look and it was in great shape , looked as good as OEM to me . I can share your concern , I still worry about QC on these AM kits but the Hyway kits I have used with the Caber ring are all out there running and I've probably done about 12 or so that get regular use .
I have not tried a Meteor Cyl kit yet but have use quite a few of the pistons in OEM cyls I cleaned up with no problems .

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The porting on the aftermarket cylinders is typically not up to par with the OEM stuff, either. I don't want a saw with less power, and lower quality, just so I can save a few bucks. I understand that other people don't agree, and I'm fine with that.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did a Meteor top end when they first came out on a 044/046 hybrid. I gave to a friend that logs for a stress test. The damn thing is still killing hardwood. I've done a lot of work to the saw over the years for him, but the jug and slug are still spotless.

jrsdws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So do you think it is a hit or miss kind of thing with AM cylinders in general or are there known shortcomings? I'm looking for a winter project saw and buying something with a scored top end is about the only way to get something at a reasonable price. If the jug won't clean up, aftermarket is so much cheaper for an average use firewood saw.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
we use golf brand pistons at work with caber rings and don't have any problems.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So do you think it is a hit or miss kind of thing with AM cylinders in general or are there known shortcomings? I'm looking for a winter project saw and buying something with a scored top end is about the only way to get something at a reasonable price. If the jug won't clean up, aftermarket is so much cheaper for an average use firewood saw.

Hyway brand jugs are better to me than Meteor. I do worry about the pistons, but that's because I don't have the experience with them that I do Meteor.