High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

346NE vs 254XP vs 55CP...Sibling Rivalry. Results are in!!!!

TheJonsberg

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
that can very well be the difference between W2 and 3, or there are a slighly timing difference.

On them 242 Mahles we had this non W, then W2, and the 98 jug was W3 I think, small differences but they was there when I really started to fine study them, it was the transfer ports.
254, year 87, OEM jug, thin ring piston, 0,4mm gasket, 020" squish, pretty much close to stock with a 0,5mm gasket, but those jugs had a very little compression chamber......
View attachment 114172

I like them just as much as I like 262's....maybe a tad more also.
View attachment 114173

Except those 4, there is two other Mahle out there, and one KS with decomp:
View attachment 114174
The one who gives this insane compression is stamped the same as the one left bottom, 86.
This is what I like.. TOR ! Thank you all the best to you!

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
362 and 2163 are all small mount as far as I know, 365 and 2165 are large mount. My 2163 now has a brand new ported 365 special top end on it, 65cc is the top of the 4 cube class, @rattler and I ported mine in January, we set the numbers for a 20" bar, runs amazing so far, plan on it being my main saw this spring to break it in.

That 48mm top end runs real strong and often gets overlooked. I cringe when I think of how many of them got tossed aside for Chinese big bore kits. And those kits are finally dropped way down in price.

The 2163 kit is no slouch either. Great acceleration with those ports.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That 48mm top end runs real strong and often gets overlooked. I cringe when I think of how many of them got tossed aside for Chinese big bore kits. And those kits are finally dropped way down in price.

The 2163 kit is no slouch either. Great acceleration with those ports.

Is that a new saw in that avatar pic?

Last edited:

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will have to go back and review Walts videos that were filmed at one of those prestigious Ivy League Saw Colleges, looks errily similar...
(Nice Saw fer sure!)

Yeah, that's the same deck. There's been a lot of saws on that deck the last couple of years.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
7:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Haven't ran the 5105 yet, Driller still has it, he is massaging the carb to keep up, he has said that he thinks it may be the baddest 50cc saw he has built.
Yes I have been watching the video progress, definitely impressive . It's apparent that @t4driller is a man on a mission, and he is going to pull the most out of it that is humanly possible,that's just based on the number of videos, not the actual work invested in the saw. Trial and error =HP!
Looking forward to your assessment upon receipt of said Hot Rod! I have a pristine blue one with a little more than 10 tanks. They feel somewhat stopped up when new . Was yours new when he got it or had you ran it already? If so any mods (muff, timing, etc.)

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought it used at a Stihl dealer for a great price, saw was all stock and really nice condition, I had a new one and decided to sell it and keep the used one. Felt a little lazy to me stock, but I think a MM would have helped that a lot and it also had 3/8 chain on it, I prefer .325 on my 50cc saws.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not yet. Had to finish Dale's 288 cylinder and get some test cuts with that yesterday. Today I had to put a new pressure regulating valve and booster valve in the transmission of my truck and do a fluid flush and filter swap. In between doing that, Josh and I were both helping Jon with his 55 porting and assembly then Josh got started on his 262. We still have a bit too much snow in the woods, getting close though and we are all itching to get started with our felling and processing.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For all those following this smack talk fest. We WILL be doing our friendly race on this coming Sunday rain or shine, no excuses. Whomever doesn't show loses. A new addition to the race will be our younger brother @skidder with his freshly rebuilt and modded closed port 55. This is going to be very interesting, that 55 runs strong. I'll be getting some logs out tomorrow for the cookie fest. Going to grab stuff from 8 to 18" so we can compare cutting small stuff to bar buried power. The full bar test will be in Sugar Maple, a true test of a saws ability to pull through tough wood. The same bar and chain will be used on my 254 and Joe's 346. Jon's 55 is configured for 3/8 so that will be a discrepancy in the comparison.

@RIDE-RED 350r and @skidder acknowledge this plan for Sunday or consider yourselves the loser. Ba ha ha ha!