High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

.338 in Encore handgun

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I’m not so sure that I would be smart enough to say no if someone offered letting me shoot theirs lol. I love big guns and recoil and jump at the chance to shoot any of them when I’m at the local range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trailboss? o_O That would grenade I think...yup...kaplooey

Trail Boss is intended to be used the same as black powder in cartridges, you fill up the entire case under the bullet with no air space:

https://www.hodgdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/trail-boss-reduced-loads-r_p.pdf

That being said, I think the stuff is overpriced for what it is. I use slower pistol and shotgun powders for my reduced loads. 4895 (both Hodgdon and IMR) works awesome for medium strength rifle loads and can be reduced quite a bit if needed.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trail Boss is intended to be used the same as black powder in cartridges, you fill up the entire case under the bullet with no air space:

https://www.hodgdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/trail-boss-reduced-loads-r_p.pdf

That being said, I think the stuff is overpriced for what it is. I use slower pistol and shotgun powders for my reduced loads. 4895 (both Hodgdon and IMR) works awesome for medium strength rifle loads and can be reduced quite a bit if needed.
Never knew that about being used as black powder equivalent. Cool stuff. I still wouldn’t want to try a full case in a 338 as it was never a black powder cartridge. Reduced load yes, but not a full power load due to its very fast burn rate. I wanna say my brother loads 4831 in his 338WM, or was it 4350. Haven’t reloaded in a while lol.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not so sure that I would be smart enough to say no if someone offered letting me shoot theirs lol. I love big guns and recoil and jump at the chance to shoot any of them when I’m at the local range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're a lucky man. I have a bit of essential tremor that turns into flinch if I'm not careful. The hardest kicker I can manage is my Browning BLR .308 with smart loads. Really, my comfort zone is .30-30 or trapdoor level .45-70.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never knew that about being used as black powder equivalent. Cool stuff. I still wouldn’t want to try a full case in a 338 as it was never a black powder cartridge. Reduced load yes, but not a full power load due to its very fast burn rate. I wanna say my brother loads 4831 in his 338WM, or was it 4350. Haven’t reloaded in a while lol.

4350 is a slow burner that works great in long barrels with heavy bullets. My .257 Roberts is deadly with 38.5 grains under a 117 grain Sierra Pro Hunter.