Reaction score
Country flag

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thinking out loud.... I'm of the persuasion that performance wise there would be no gain over a 394/5 doing the 288 big bore. The 394/5 bottom end certainly seems bulkier over all, but the actual crank case, I don't see how there would be much if any volume difference between the two.

If I'm correct, it seems the only performance enhancement would be in the handling department with 394 power on the easier to handle 288 platform??

Not trying to rain on anyone's Christmas parade, just thinking out loud

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thinking out loud.... I'm of the persuasion that performance wise there would be no gain over a 394/5 doing the 288 big bore. The 394/5 bottom end certainly seems bulkier over all, but the actual crank case, I don't see how there would be much if any volume difference between the two.

If I'm correct, it seems the only performance enhancement would be in the handling department with 394 power on the easier to handle 288 platform??

Not trying to rain on anyone's Christmas parade, just thinking out loud
There aint no rain falling Dude.
Handling wize is what I was after.
Plus makin peeps jaw drop from its awesumness!

Actually it sounds like a big PITA!
Now ifn I was a everyday saw builder wiff tools, machines and knowledge it prbly a piece of cake.

Guess I'll just scrap together the nxt deuce88 and call it gooder.
Maybe put a 262 sticker on da recoil

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
12:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There aint no rain falling Dude.
Handling wize is what I was after.
Plus makin peeps jaw drop from its awesumness!

Actually it sounds like a big PITA!
Now ifn I was a everyday saw builder wiff tools, machines and knowledge it prbly a piece of cake.

Guess I'll just scrap together the nxt deuce88 and call it gooder.
Maybe put a 262 sticker on da recoil

This seems pretty easy really. Get the jug spaced up where you want it and ported using the 54mm slug in it already. Add a washer to the top of an old piston to get the right compression height. Could take some off the 395 piston and the squish to keep compression tame. After porting send the new piston and the jug to us chrome to be played and when it’s done you install. Porting after they plate is tough since that plating is a lot harder than oem.

Master Bud II

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would it be Feasible to get a 3120 crank to fit a 288 ??? , You could pick up a Substantial amount of Torque with that 4mm of stroke, + get that Squish perfect Without dropping the Jug ?.?.?.
Bud

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would it be Feasible to get a 3120 crank to fit a 288 ??? , You could pick up a Substantial amount of Torque with that 4mm of stroke, + get that Squish perfect Without dropping the Jug ?.?.?.
Bud
I think the journal is too big for the 288 case.