272xp what's it worth

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seen a 272 come up on Craigslist recently (I know the his should probably go in the Craigslist section) but what's it worth. It's in good shape cosmetically and the guy says it's mechanically sound and comes with a newish 24" bar and chain. He wants $300. I'm thinking out it's a good deal but I don't deal saws often enough. Being a 2 series, I'm thinking I can still get my hands on some parts if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seen a 272 come up on Craigslist recently (I know the his should probably go in the Craigslist section) but what's it worth. It's in good shape cosmetically and the guy says it's mechanically sound and comes with a newish 24" bar and chain. He wants $300. I'm thinking out it's a good deal but I don't deal saws often enough. Being a 2 series, I'm thinking I can still get my hands on some parts if needed.

I'd offer less, but in good working/cosmetic shape and all OEM I'd pay $300 easy. Great saw, parts are easy to get (since they share a lot with 61 and 268) and the 2xx series are simple to work on. 272 is one of my favorites. I currently have two 272s and a 268 and none of them will be leaving anytime soon. I'd love to see pics when you get it.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If it is as you say, that's a good deal. Parts are not a problem from Husqvarna, near 100%. High top filters and the adapter is about the only thing not being produced. So not a problem there. They make great firewood saws and are easy to work on when repairs are needed.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya, especially now that you helped advertise it here, time is of the essence...

It's that's the case then more power to 'em. I don't really need another saw but it would just round out my 5 saw plan so well. 30cc, 50cc, 60cc, 70cc and 90cc.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@chipper1
Brett, are close enough to help him out?
I haven't seen that one in person, but hes a good guy.
I'm about an hr from him.
It's that's the case then more power to 'em. I don't really need another saw but it would just round out my 5 saw plan so well. 30cc, 50cc, 60cc, 70cc and 90cc.

If he won't ship it for you let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it happen.
I bet he will ship it as he has saws going in and out from out of town all the time.
PM me anytime,
Brett

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After long thinking on it... I decided not to purchase the saw. I need to stick some money into my log splitter and with a baby due in august, I can't have too much frivolous spending.
A whole lotta want, but not so much need at this time.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at that one but the bogus homemade stickers turned me off...who knows what else has been messed with...
He's a nice guy, if you call him Custer, ask I'm sure he would tell you the whole story. He's been selling saws for a long time and isn't going nowhere from what I've seen.