High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

254XP Rebuild

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like I need a new intake partition, added to the list.
View attachment 102889
Definitely a good thing to try and get another partition. You can see from this picture (as you may already know ) that without the proper partition the top cover will not seal the carb section off and allow the air injection to do its job ...plus you get heat transfer from the cylinder (like you would if on a winter setting), not helpful in normal conditions.
Photo0596.jpg

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
6:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely a good thing to try and get another partition. You can see from this picture (as you may already know ) that without the proper partition the top cover will not seal the carb section off and allow the air injection to do its job ...plus you get heat transfer from the cylinder (like you would if on a winter setting), not helpful in normal conditions.
View attachment 102992
Yes sir that’s why I’m going to try to find another. It also plays a role in supporting the duct if I’m not mistaken.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great looking saw there! Nice job. I know there’s at least 1 part I won’t be able to get NOS, a new top cover. I heard some prick in PA got the last one from Bob. @dustinwilt68 ha ha!

That cover came from chainsawr used, as the original was melted from a fire it was in, only saw I've seen with enough miles on it that the chrome plating was worn through the cylinder walls. Owner just kept putting rings in it and sawing. Tough saw, that's for sure and a performer as well.
Now I have to go through three 353's the same fella has as they won't go as good as the 254 and it's stock.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag