High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

242xp resurrection. (My first 2xx series) Build Complete! Vid added!

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
8:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya know Tor, I was just looking at the port timing numbers you posted again... if one were to window the Meteor piston and just lower that intake floor a bit, the Meteor without the gasket might just make for a pretty good combination. Windowing the piston would serve to lighten the piston as well as bring it closer to OEM design.
you will be fine with a Meteor piston also, after you window it, the only thing you has to do is to go without gasket and give more intake timing, the only bad thing is you will always has to use Meteor slug in your 242.

My ported 242's is around IN 68°, saved a couple ° incase I'll drop those jugs later.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Do you have any thoughts on the piston I ordered Tor?? Looks to be windowed like OEM and the seller states it is not made in China or Taiwan. As I said before, when it arrives I'll take some measurements and post the results with pics

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you have any thoughts on the piston I ordered Tor?? Looks to be windowed like OEM and the seller states it is not made in China or Taiwan. As I said before, when it arrives I'll take some measurements and post the results with pics
clueless, has never bought anything from them.
Guess we have to look after brand name when you get your 242 piston.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Something that might be worth keeping in mind with these ..non.. OEM top ends is that bought as a kit..piston and cylinder they "May" give better numbers. I dont know this ..but its worth keeping in mind .

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to fiddle with that muffler and get pics today. Wife blew a brake line on her truck last night and what started out as one line replacement turned into ALL steel lines replaced except the rear wheel lines! Spent the better part of the day under that blasted truck, brake fluid and rust in my face...a barrel of fun. Still have to get new calipers tomorrow because the fuggin bleeders were fooked to the point I was unable to extract them despite using all the tricks... :mad::BangHead: Tired and sore as hell now, I'm spent for the day.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to fiddle with that muffler and get pics today. Wife blew a brake line on her truck last night and what started out as one line replacement turned into ALL steel lines replaced except the rear wheel lines! Spent the better part of the day under that blasted truck, brake fluid and rust in my face...a barrel of fun. Still have to get new calipers tomorrow because the fuggin bleeders were fooked to the point I was unable to extract them despite using all the tricks... :mad::BangHead: Tired and sore as hell now, I'm spent for the day.
Something always needs fixing Joe !! ....regardless of the pics I can tell you that all the mods on the 42 and 242 mufflers i have done were without taking them apart. It keeps a neat look and my taste is for a tube size increase not more ports and hols. Think you have a port cover ? that you can make your hole/gills/slots bigger underneath.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll see if I can have a better look inside that wee little muffler inlet to find out for sure what's inside. I don't think I want to add a second port to this muffler being as small as it is, there isn't a heck of alot of room for a second port. Unless maybe a second port and deflector might fit on the opposite side....

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll see if I can have a better look inside that wee little muffler inlet to find out for sure what's inside. I don't think I want to add a second port to this muffler being as small as it is, there isn't a heck of alot of room for a second port. Unless maybe a second port and deflector might fit on the opposite side....
Iv used 14mm and 16mm id tube on mine and can vouch that 16 mm is a big ! increase in noise and flow. I will have a look inside a muffler iv done and see if i can remind myself what i ended up being able to do from the tub hole and the cylinder input .

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can always make a smaller deflector die, need to anyway:)

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Snapped a couple of pics of the muffler Simon. Pretty sure there is a baffle.in there adjacent to the outlet and deflector. If I can't figure a way to take that baffle out, I think I might add a second port on the opposite side of the muffler from the original. I don't think I want to do a port in frontIMG_20170519_205046680.jpg IMG_20170519_205037208.jpg IMG_20170519_205029417.jpg

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Snapped a couple of pics of the muffler Simon. Pretty sure there is a baffle.in there adjacent to the outlet and deflector. If I can't figure a way to take that baffle out, I think I might add a second port on the opposite side of the muffler from the original. I don't think I want to do a port in frontView attachment 70553 View attachment 70554 View attachment 70555
the muffler US had before yours was easier to modd since we could remove the deflector.
Mine had a baffle underneath those two ports you see.
Suggestion, remove your deflector, do modds, wield back the deflector.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Snapped a couple of pics of the muffler Simon. Pretty sure there is a baffle.in there adjacent to the outlet and deflector. If I can't figure a way to take that baffle out, I think I might add a second port on the opposite side of the muffler from the original. I don't think I want to do a port in frontView attachment 70553 View attachment 70554 View attachment 70555
the muffler US had before yours was easier to modd since we could remove the deflector.
Mine had a baffle underneath those two ports you see.
Suggestion, remove your deflector, do modds, wield back the deflector.
Im with Tor on this one...it would be the same way i do mine using the tube hole and the cylinder port . Drilling holes in baffles you can get at works fine to give less restriction...I personally dont "Gut" mufflers, I just allow gasses to get away from "right " in front of the inlet from the cylinder without removing " all " reflection .

Last edited:

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Eurpean muffler is an awful muffler, we find the same style on 254 also.
Most of the time I prefer to split them, can get rid of the pipe system without dremmel to much.

While I'm there I also remove a chunk baffle....
_DSC3669.jpg

13mm pipe is what mine get:
_DSC3765.jpg

The US muffler is a far nicer muffler then what we has to work with

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The Eurpean muffler is an awful muffler, we find the same style on 254 also.
Most of the time I prefer to split them, can get rid of the pipe system without dremmel to much.

While I'm there I also remove a chunk baffle....
View attachment 70591

13mm pipe is what mine get:
View attachment 70592

The US muffler is a far nicer muffler then what we has to work with
That saved me trying to explain the insides of the Euro muffler :D. I drill out the exit tube in the top of the muffler and remove the rest inside through the hole (long nosed pliers /screwdriver and lots of cussing )then open out the holes in the roof "nearest" the cylinder of that section between the bolt tube/supports you have cut away.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow, that IS very different from mine inside. So if I can open up that baffle under my existing deflector that should open it up adequately.

Thanks for sharing guys
You can always go back in if you start off conservatively and open more if your muffler is less of a hassle to do than the Euro ones .