2252 won't idle

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My uncle ask me to look at his 2252 said it won't idle. I took it home fired it up and it ran fine on the throttle lock but as soon as I kicked it down to idle it dies every time. Don' have a comp gauge but the P/C look clean through the exhaut port. Checked the fuel lines and filter they all look good. Haven' had the carb off yet but I'm gona check that next. Any tips for what to look at this is my first AT saw project.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Anything different about rebuilding theses carbs? Or are they the same inside as a screwdriver tuned carb.
First you'll need to find out what carb is on it so you know which kit to buy. One parts list shows walbro, while another shows Zama.
The carb allows the saw to run with the choke on, so the rebuild should be a simple swap out of the diaphragm, gaskets, and metering parts. A sonic bath shouldn't be necessary unless you find corrosion inside.
Make sure you stack the gaskets and diaphragms in the right order. The pump side with the openings and flappers goes down first before the gasket, but on the metering side the gasket goes down first and then the diaphragm on top of it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might not be a bad idea to see if this carb can be upgraded. It seems like Husqvarna was coming out with a newer version of an auto tune carb every other week.

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I went threw the carb it all looks fine. The numbers on the carb say AT 1A with 333 under it.

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20180608_164752.jpg Any one know what the deal is with the screw under that brass plug. I read it adjusts the fuel at idle but it didn't go into detail.