2188 Inner Dog Threads

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While I was cutting with my 2188 this weekend, the lower inner spike bolt came loose and fell out. I tried to put a new bolt in when I got home, but the hole is stripped out.

What's my best play for getting this repaired? Is there enough room there for a helicoil, or should I tap out to the next bigger size?

Thanks!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next biggest size if it was me.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
12:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While I was cutting with my 2188 this weekend, the lower inner spike bolt came loose and fell out. I tried to put a new bolt in when I got home, but the hole is stripped out.

What's my best play for getting this repaired? Is there enough room there for a helicoil, or should I tap out to the next bigger size?

Thanks!
That’s a issue I’ve had too, tap next size up and make sure the threads reach all the way to bottom of hole and use right length of screw or you’ll end up stripping it again. My old 372 has stripped the next size up on the bottom screw and I ended up putting a screw and a nut on other side of hole (same screw and nut used for the chain catcher works great as the nut is a locknut of some sort). Use loctite.

Last edited: