PAST 2019 CT GTG May 18

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
11:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this the one @leeh can't make? If so it's a tall order to bring some unique saws to fill in! Make sure you guys bring some old iron like any big macs or the real dollys as in Sachs Dolmar 80's muscle.

Looking forward to it!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bryan Barrow

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
May I invite my friend Zadan who I sold my Pioneer P50 to? He cuts wood almost every day to heat his house and he went through Game of Logging Level 1 with me, so he is knowledgeable behind a saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
May I invite my friend Zadan who I sold my Pioneer P50 to? He cuts wood almost every day to heat his house and he went through Game of Logging Level 1 with me, so he is knowledgeable behind a saw

Are you kidding ? Of course!

This is an open event and it's always fun when newcomers get to see what ported saws are about and such.

I do remember first visit to NY GTG I felt like there was a group within the group I was nervous to approach! but it really is just guys focused on talking about saws and running them while being around so many guys that appreciate the whole thing. And a great bunch of guys at that.

At NY that first year we started talking to Lee and it was a blast learning about some of the unique saws in his collection.

Glad you can make it!

Bryan Barrow

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Are you kidding ? Of course!

This is an open event and it's always fun when newcomers get to see what ported saws are about and such.

I do remember first visit to NY GTG I felt like there was a group within the group I was nervous to approach! but it really is just guys focused on talking about saws and running them while being around so many guys that appreciate the whole thing. And a great bunch of guys at that.

At NY that first year we started talking to Lee and it was a blast learning about some of the unique saws in his collection.

Glad you can make it!

Sweet. Thank you

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I can work out a trip home to visit family around that time. They are up in the NW corner in Litchfield County.
That works! Hope u can join us to put some names to faces! Don't worry if u can't bring saws. There will be many!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Dolmar MMWS 6100 isn't a real Dolmar??????

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That works! Hope u can join us to put some names to faces! Don't worry if u can't bring saws. There will be many!

I may bring 1 or 2 of mine, I can grab my brother’s saws (041 FarmBoss I built him and he is about to be gifted an 026)

Pretty sure you don’t want to put my face with a name..... I be ooogly! Don’t bring kids; they’ll have nightmares

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Dolmar MMWS 6100 isn't a real Dolmar??????

Of course she is. Mine says Makita but whatever. I think he means a 166 or the like. Speaking of which @166 @cuttinscott which one of you is driving my fat arse out there? I'll buy fuel for the duramax and breakfast!!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You bringing your bow saw and axe?
Lol all I have is 7900 and few others. Hopefully get a hundred thousand ft or so on it by then, hopefully no tree hits it. Or have the skidder run it over :eek::). Hope I don’t loose my axe in the woods either. I was thinking of painting part of it orange.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One thing I’ve learned about myself is sure I like certain saws better than others... but I don’t care what saw it is if it’s the right one for the task and chain/tune are good :). I even don’t care if they are stock. I’ll still run it if it runs good!