PAST 2018 Upstate NY GTG - Sunday April 22nd

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This GTG and Dan's are my "must attend" events of the year. Psyched to get to both.
If I'm early to either of them I'll do anything I can to help out w/ prep. I know these take a lot of prep work to pull off.

I'd like to offer to live stream the events on Youtube again this year. Since last year I've got a MUCH MUCH better camera and method to live stream w/ perfectly synced and crystal clear audio and video. The camera has a built in mic that samples much higher than that crappy thing I used last year. Before the winter is over I'll definitely do another full up test at my house and treat you guys to some piss revs in the yard once the weather gets a little better :)

I can't believe these are essentially 2 months and change away. Better get my arse in gear on saw projects!

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This GTG and Dan's are my "must attend" events of the year. Psyched to get to both.
If I'm early to either of them I'll do anything I can to help out w/ prep. I know these take a lot of prep work to pull off.

I'd like to offer to live stream the events on Youtube again this year. Since last year I've got a MUCH MUCH better camera and method to live stream w/ perfectly synced and crystal clear audio and video. The camera has a built in mic that samples much higher than that crappy thing I used last year. Before the winter is over I'll definitely do another full up test at my house and treat you guys to some piss revs in the yard once the weather gets a little better :)

I can't believe these are essentially 2 months and change away. Better get my arse in gear on saw projects!
What would be a good upload speed for the new setup?

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What would be a good upload speed for the new setup?

Hey Steve -- if you have the same setup as last year I think you had about 5-6 Mbps available and I limited the outbound stream to 3 Mbps so that your internet would still work well for regular surfing and such. Certainly if you have more bandwidth now that would be great -- then the most we would need to have the highest quality would be 6 Mbps for a true 1080p hi def stream at 30 frames per second. Most cable modem setups do 6 or 12 Mbps upsteam. If you have 12 Mbps now we could easily stream out at 6 Mbps.

Thanks Steve!

Sorry for the tech talk fellas. I do enjoy some of that too :)

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Steve -- if you have the same setup as last year I think you had about 5-6 Mbps available and I limited the outbound stream to 3 Mbps so that your internet would still work well for regular surfing and such. Certainly if you have more bandwidth now that would be great -- then the most we would need to have the highest quality would be 6 Mbps for a true 1080p hi def stream at 30 frames per second. Most cable modem setups do 6 or 12 Mbps upsteam. If you have 12 Mbps now we could easily stream out at 6 Mbps.

Thanks Steve!

Sorry for the tech talk fellas. I do enjoy some of that too :)
Right now we are 30/down and 5/up. I'll check into options about bumping the speed a bit.

Our provider has been in a couple times lately to reduce SFP light levels. Whatever that means.[emoji41]

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right now we are 30/down and 5/up. I'll check into options about bumping the speed a bit.

Our provider has been in a couple times lately to reduce SFP light levels. Whatever that means.[emoji41]
Oh right it's fiber there. Awesome. I'm surprised they don't offer symmetric speeds like FiOS. We did a surveillance system for a sandwich shop with 80 x 80 fios and the fast upstream is awesome for remote viewing. Going back to do 4 more shops they love the system and after snow is done doing outdoor golf course cams that will be airmax wireless and cameras combined. I'll use airmax radios at the GTG this time much more compact and fast. Thanks Steve!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh right it's fiber there. Awesome. I'm surprised they don't offer symmetric speeds like FiOS. We did a surveillance system for a sandwich shop with 80 x 80 fios and the fast upstream is awesome for remote viewing. Going back to do 4 more shops they love the system and after snow is done doing outdoor golf course cams that will be airmax wireless and cameras combined. I'll use airmax radios at the GTG this time much more compact and fast. Thanks Steve!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So right now we have 30 Mbps/5 Mbps. The next step would be 60 Mbps/10 Mbps, then up to 70 Mbps/15 Mbps.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So right now we have 30 Mbps/5 Mbps. The next step would be 60 Mbps/10 Mbps, then up to 70 Mbps/15 Mbps.

60/10 would allow us to send outbound at 6 Mbps and still have 4 Mbps plenty left over for normal use surfing etc. in the shop.
I'd be happy to donate toward the cost (I'll pay your bill!) if you want to have them up it to 60/10 or 70/15 just for the month of April and then dial it back if you don't need it.
It should be a matter of them changing a config remotely to make the changes -- so pretty painless.

Thanks a bunch Steve. I'll be psyched if it works as well as I expect it to w/ the new method.
I was laughing when we did this @ Dan's and one OPE member sent a picture of the GTG up on his big screen over the fireplace enjoying a cold one watching us lunatics :)

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That square wood must be for the Hoosky guys. LMAO

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That square wood must be for the Hoosky guys. LMAO

I’ll run my stihls against yours Jeff, I don’t want you to feel left out. Then I’ll let the hooskies beat my stihls while your eating lunch. Don’t want to upset you... [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk