High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

2016 Christmas Tree thread

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
10:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Took the family out and cut our annual Christmas tree today. Winter in the forest is my definition of peace and solitude.

It was in the high 20's today. No wind, partly cloudy. 18" of snow on the ground. Just about perfect!

We hiked almost 2 miles into a new spot and were rewarded with a beautiful subalpine fir! I felled it with an old cross-cut; then the work began. We managed to work mostly downhill, however we had to cross a creek and navigate about 250 feet uphill which was brutal! I was thankful to have help!

The tree is inside and smells great! Most of the snow and ice on the branches has melted. We'll be decorating this week in the evenings after supper.

IMG_20161211_28950.jpg IMG_20161211_47491.jpg IMG_20161211_0696.jpg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
12:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took the family out and cut our annual Christmas tree today. Winter in the forest is my definition of peace and solitude.

It was in the high 20's today. No wind, partly cloudy. 18" of snow on the ground. Just about perfect!

We hiked almost 2 miles into a new spot and were rewarded with a beautiful subalpine fir! I felled it with an old cross-cut; then the work began. We managed to work mostly downhill, however we had to cross a creek and navigate about 250 feet uphill which was brutal! I was thankful to have help!

The tree is inside and smells great! Most of the snow and ice on the branches has melted. We'll be decorating this week in the evenings after supper.

View attachment 44153 View attachment 44154 View attachment 44155
Nice...lotta work for a Christmas tree. Can't wait to see pics of it decorated and lit up.

Beautiful country my friend as well...don't see nothing like that in mid-Ga, except maybe on a stamp-licked postcard.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice!

My next door neighbor has a tree farm so I never have far to go get a tree.

One year when we were kids my dad decided to have my older brother climb and top a tree to use. Needless to say down came our Christmas tree and my brother.
No one got hurt but mom wasn't happy,

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
5:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We walked into Menards....
Just set it up today, will put the ice cycles on tomorrow, crappy pic, guess cause I just took it at night? Was 8', cut it down to 7', we have 12' ceilings, so....

tree.JPG

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
5:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We walked into Menards....
Just set it up today, will put the ice cycles on tomorrow, crappy pic, guess cause I just took it at night? Was 8', cut it down to 7', we have 12' ceilings, so....

View attachment 44159
Now that I see it on OPE, that pic is horrible...(maybe a Charlie brown tree contestant...haha) looks so much better in person,
it is a white pine.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 44153 View attachment 44154 View attachment 44155

Beautiful country you got there.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice...lotta work for a Christmas tree. Can't wait to see pics of it decorated and lit up.

Beautiful country my friend as well...don't see nothing like that in mid-Ga, except maybe on a stamp-licked postcard.

Hope you are nice and warm down there Jason, cold as hell here today, down in the teens with 30 mph winds. Brrrrrr!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hope you are nice and warm down there Jason, cold as hell here today, down in the teens with 30 mph winds. Brrrrrr!
Hey Charlie...hope everything is good your way. Definitely a heap colder than here. Looking at low 50's today for the highs but is supposed to warm up a little tomorrow and Sat is pegged for about 75. Looking like rain will catch us on Sun and Mon.