Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks @Definitive Dave for the Christmas gift, my very firstest square chain. Now I can't wait to go out and play, but with below zero weather here might be a bit. No matter it'll be on a saw ready to go before I go to sleep tonight. Once again Dave, you're the man! Thanks again so very much for making this old guy happy. SS

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ha ha ha ha ha ha first time for everything;
View attachment 47779
View attachment 47780
This was inside. But no chains.
It's the post office's box!

Sorry for your loss. I tape those things along every edge before mailing.

Philbert

I have received boxes like that, also with chains (but mine were still inside).

Chains are heavy, but flat, so the boxes get crushed, and 'leak' out their corners. Options are to pack the boxes full of newspaper (to keep their rectangular shape), and/or tape all of the edges to keep them sealed. I do the 'and' part.

Always amazed at boxes shipped from places like Amazon, where they just throw stuff into an oversized box that is barely sealed. Guess that they have good insurance.

Philbert
I did what @Philbert does on a couple packages that I shipped to the US.

I took a box that was a little bigger than needed, stiffened it with additional cardboard from the inside, wrapped the items up, placed them inside the box and filled any and all empty space with foamy wrapping foil that I got from work.
Then I wrapped the entire outside of the box at least once in packing duck tape.
Heavy content that might have been able to poke a hole in the packaging through movement got duck taped to the bottom of the package.

I know I went ballistic, but I didn't wanna risk damage or loss of the packages content and I am pretty sure they all arrived safe and sound.

I bought 5 axes off eBay, small to large, one didn't make it.
The packaging was extremely damaged as the items moved unhindered around within the package - they might have made it all if the seller had thought of taping the 5 axes together.
The seller was fair though, I got a refund worth the asking price of the missing small Axe.

There is no such thing as packed too well.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
10:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then I wrapped the entire outside of the box at least once in packing duck tape. . . I know I went ballistic, . . . There is no such thing as packed too well.
Ironic choice of words. I have attended some training on identifying 'suspicious' packages.

Over-packing, and a foreign return address would really set off alarms at some places.

(But I appreciate your dedication to good packing!)

Philbert

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd love a Dolmar hat or sticker.
I second that! :)

Ironic choice of words. I have attended some training on identifying 'suspicious' packages.

Over-packing, and a foreign return address would really set off alarms at some places.

(But I appreciate your dedication to good packing!)

Philbert
Never thought about it that way! o_O
But then again X-ray can penetrate regular packing material so they can check suspicious packages. ;)

I hope they've put my info on a "OK, let it pass" list by now, no worries if not as I do very limited shipping to the US.
Come to think of it, I actually hope that I'm on no list at all . . . :eek:

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys got a new 73lpx .058 72DL FREE SHIPPIN :cbiggrin2:

Gunnar, received chain today. Thank you kindly sir [emoji106][emoji106]
0b353c934016a4c54cda317039600c05.jpg

Going on the 372 tomorrow
:)BiggerGrin

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wanted to say, this was very cool and too see all the items that changed hands and put BIG [emoji16] on faces.
I received a couple of great things and will enjoy for sure [emoji106]and sent out a couple of things that I hope will be put to good use.

Again, thx to everyone..

It's been almost a year since I started following this site. I've learned a lot, had some great conversations ( I'm not the only one up LATE at night or checking-in on holidays) and added a few saws ( I never knew Huskys were FUN) I work with Stihls.

And @chipper1 am I getting any closer to owning that scabbard
c8508194e082481021aa92d604e4ead8.jpg
[emoji847][emoji847]

Last edited:

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Heres the bar #'s for the Echo:
14A4OD3752
16AOCD3757
14AOED3752
12AOCD3745
If any of that makes sense to anybody, have at em. The echo bars are all true, dont need any dressing that I'm aware of.

Maybe jon1212 could assist you ?
Maybe he could @Jon1212
Sorry, Tom. I never received a notification for being "mentioned" in this thread. As with many folks, alerts have been spotty for me. Not sure if the question about the bars has been answered, but here goes something.

There are/were some very good bars in that offer of yours. The Echo bars in question are basically an A041 mount, the 37 indicates 3/8 (low pro in this case), the last two digits indicate drive link count.

quietfly

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I was too busy to get anything together for Christmas, but we have an afterChristmas special. We've got Stihl, Echo, poulan and McCoullough bars. They are just sitting in my garage wanting a new home, why? , don't ask me. Some need dressing others don't. If someone wants them all, pm me. You pay shipping.View attachment 47003

GOt the Echo bars on Friday!!! Thank you so much @trooney