drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
12:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With permission from Al, I am repurposing this thread. :)

Hopefully, it still makes some sense.

Your friend, Mastermind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
in the defense of AS, I got 2 guys over there helping me w/ my 200t issues... nobody here seemed to notice.... though the threads bashing AS get lots of attention.

I'm switzerland....i'm neutral in this fight, but I do have real saw issues that don't seem to getting attention

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just to continue this rant, I've just spent most of my week off making videos to aid saw builders, including myself. my 200t video thread here is 2 pages long, over there its 4. seems to me like over here we need to pay a little closer attention what progress is actually being made on saws

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing personal. No 200t here. Won't be unless one falls in my lap. On AS you get a lot of people who post just to post. These guys here not so much. Doesn't diminish your work. Does make for more quality posts. I did forward a link of your post to a guy that has nine of 200t's.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same answer as exSW and jmssaws, I simply dont have an 200 so I cant help you Mattyo
If I had had one I would pilled it apart and checked for the things you question about.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not looking for sympathy, just sayin that there's a lot of bashing, and when there is an open saw topic that is new and unique it doesn't get much attention? I really understand that the 200t's don't relate to everyone, in fact, they don't even relate to me because I'm not likely to own one, but still.... hopefully everyone gets my point.

and yes, my thread does feel at least a bit lonely :)

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
11:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just to continue this rant, I've just spent most of my week off making videos to aid saw builders, including myself. my 200t video thread here is 2 pages long, over there its 4. seems to me like over here we need to pay a little closer attention what progress is actually being made on saws

Our weiners are longer. But seriously, you got good point bro. The honeymoon will be over soon. You are doin' the instructional vid lol.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
11:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think most everyone here is a pretty good saw mechanic so it probably won't get the attention here as it will there.
No offense, I like what you do and enjoyed talking to you about the 394 some time back.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ok, though I understand your frustration w/ AS, I need answers. I don't care where the right answer comes from, and if there are still people there that genuinely want to help, then thats awesome, and I am more than happy to give credit where credit is due. I'm not smart enough to figure this all out.

not sure what you mean by the honeymoon being over, but my honeymoon was 13 years ago...so yup....its long over. :(

I'm doing instructional vids for everone's benefit, including my own. often I refer to these. did it today to figure out what bolt I forgot! .... I even removed all the ads from my vids so us chainsaw guys could watch them unfettered. at this point, I've lost money on that deal, so if it doesn't work out I may put the google ads back...who knows.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I watch a few video's from you Mattyo, I like them, last I saw was your o-ring 372.
If I had had one working 200, I would pilled it apart and tryed to answer your questions.

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Two pages are not enough for covering a thread like " my stihl ms dont start " ? and give solution to the problem ?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
far as I can tell, LONE WOLF so far has come up with the answer. that stupid limiter on the high jet was messing me up. no matter how far I brought out the low screw, the idle wouldn't go down far enough.

ripped the limiter off the high, set to 1 turn out on the high, 1 turn on the low, all better. it immediately sounds better. musta had the high set to some screwy position....way too far out I think.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Angelo, I'm not putting those seals in again. period. hyway seals all the way. this is one time the am has it right... in theory at least. in stihl's defense, the other 2 saws I did don't leak at the seals after pressure testing, and God knows how old they are. still, am is the way to go for the next build.

panteliss... sorry, not sure what you are getting at

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Weird. I've never seen a high screw effect low tune???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Far as I can remember lone wolf have had piles of 200.
Dont think he is here.
There will be times where they have the best help, that said, building and modds, this is the place to be.

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Far as I can remember lone wolf have had piles of 200.
Dont think he is here.
There will be times where they have the best help, that said, building and modds, this is the place to be.
He have many of theese saws and he know them very well as i know
i will invite him to come if he like