2 days 1 giant maple removal.

Uzi

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a blast with this thing the last couple days spanned 3 different properties and had cable and power lines running under it. Also an absolutely terrible drop zone because of those lines, landscaping, an air conditioning unit, dog kennel and rabbit hutch that all lived underneath it. My arms and shoulders are screaming at me from all the action with the 3120 today cutting off the base.

IMG_3090.JPG IMG_3093.JPG IMG_3094.JPG IMG_3104.JPG IMG_3110.JPG

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a blast with this thing the last couple days spanned 3 different properties and had cable and power lines running under it. Also an absolutely terrible drop zone because of those lines, landscaping, an air conditioning unit, dog kennel and rabbit hutch that all lived underneath it. My arms and shoulders are screaming at me from all the action with the 3120 today cutting off the base.

View attachment 88088 View attachment 88089 View attachment 88090 View attachment 88091 View attachment 88092

Nice work! And why did they drop it ? They usually drop those Silver maples here cause there rotten in the middle.

Uzi

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice work! And why did they drop it ? They usually drop those Silver maples here cause there rotten in the middle.
This one was solid in the middle but dropping a lot of branches up high the owners had one go through the garage and kitchen. Enough times that his home owners was threatening to drop him.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
SWeet. Nice work.

We did one like that about two years ago. Solid trunk to 14' and a triple maybe 70ft ttt. Good zone no problems. Hollow leaders. Two people got stung. 10,000+ honey bees in the one tube. I saved a piece from maybe 35 40 feet up. 2" maybe holding wood. I should have milled the trunk but the base was filled with metal. Ate five chains I think to get two foot chunk. Amazing it stood in the open next to a three and half story house.

Edit: Your haulers a beast!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one was solid in the middle but dropping a lot of branches up high the owners had one go through the garage and kitchen. Enough times that his home owners was threatening to drop him.
Yup that would be enough for me. My mom has two in her yard that are about 60 years old and theres a few spots were birds have worked in to it. There days are probably numbered.

Uzi

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
SWeet. Nice work.

We did one like that about two years ago. Solid trunk to 14' and a triple maybe 70ft ttt. Good zone no problems. Hollow leaders. Two people got stung. 10,000+ honey bees in the one tube. I saved a piece from maybe 35 40 feet up. 2" maybe holding wood. I should have milled the trunk but the base was filled with metal. Ate five chains I think to get two foot chunk. Amazing it stood in the open next to a three and half story house.

Edit: Your haulers a beast!

I hate running into bees I know we need them for pollination but they suck to deal with in a tree. I bombed a section out of this maple last year and the second it hit the ground an absolutely crazy amount of bees came pouring out. Don't know how I didn't get stung in the bucket. Id cut just below the hive and never saw any until after it hit. Killed the rest of the day waiting for a bee keeper to round them up and haul them out. IMG_2157.JPG

Uzi

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup that would be enough for me. My mom has two in her yard that are about 60 years old and theres a few spots were birds have worked in to it. There days are probably numbered.

I'm guessing this one was in the 50-60 range it's amazing how fast they can get big when surrounded by underground sprinklers and constant fertilizer. What part of Kansas are you in? I'm about an hour north of norton.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm guessing this one was in the 50-60 range it's amazing how fast they can get big when surrounded by underground sprinklers and constant fertilizer. What part of Kansas are you in? I'm about an hour north of norton.
In Topeka

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hate running into bees I know we need them for pollination but they suck to deal with in a tree. I bombed a section out of this maple last year and the second it hit the ground an absolutely crazy amount of bees came pouring out. Don't know how I didn't get stung in the bucket. Id cut just below the hive and never saw any until after it hit. Killed the rest of the day waiting for a bee keeper to round them up and haul them out. View attachment 88398
Don't have a bucket. I was not in the tree when he cut loose a twenty foot bomber. We knew they were there just not how many. Stings were from running people on the ground like me. I run fast too these honey bees were pissed off for hours before going down. Waited four days for the bees guy to finish up. He estimated 13,500. He took for hives/boxes and found two queens. They were splitting for the spring overload in the hive. I'll dig up pics if I can find them and get one of the chunk saved. 22" with 2" holding sap wood. Ugly stem. It had a 12ft hollow section at 30-40 ft up.

Uzi

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two weeks ago I had yellow jackets below me for two hours in a black walnut trunk. They got pissed when they hit the ground and so did I. Hit them with Raid and that was that. Hate dem lil bastards!
I will Go out of my way to save bees they serve a purpose but I've never found a good purpose for hornets kill em all haha

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 88088 View attachment 88089 View attachment 88090 View attachment 88091 View attachment 88092
That is a badasss picture, looks like a crew you don't want to mess with. Also, I love the equipment. Job well done.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I found more of those maple tree pics and got one of the hollow section. When I get caught up ill post them here. I think my bust ed screen phone has those job pics.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
img_3104-jpg.88091

That's thee most awesome heavy wood hauler, ALL TIME! You win! That is effin awesome!