1988 Ford F-150 Resto Thread!

Tractorsaw1

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great work Steve! Thought you guys could use a laugh. I’m a lot slower than Steve & almost have my ball joints & coil spring replacement done. Didn’t go to bad. The new coils are about 2” taller than the old ones and didn’t fall into place. I thought - I’ll use that truck jack I got from Steve to spread things out. Worked well on side 1. Side 2 I notice the jack is making a clicking sound & strips out as I squeeze in the new coil. Found another scissor jack to get the truck jack out. I tell Daniel to toss that jack in the dumpster- Can I keep it? Lol

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great work Steve! Thought you guys could use a laugh. I’m a lot slower than Steve & almost have my ball joints & coil spring replacement done. Didn’t go to bad. The new coils are about 2” taller than the old ones and didn’t fall into place. I thought - I’ll use that truck jack I got from Steve to spread things out. Worked well on side 1. Side 2 I notice the jack is making a clicking sound & strips out as I squeeze in the new coil. Found another scissor jack to get the truck jack out. I tell Daniel to toss that jack in the dumpster- Can I keep it? Lol

Thanks!

Those rubber pieces that go around the radiator dont fit my truck if you still want them. Got the complete set!

Tell Daniel he can have that jack! I said so.:D

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have to be careful once you start getting tension onto the coils. I have almost eaten a few before.

Here's another good story from yesterday.
One of the resident sheep fluffers decided that his nuts were finally large enough to replace a lower ball joint in an 08 Silverado.
They press in. The top is peened over and has to be ground off before knocking it out.
Well, he spent 45 minutes tapping on it with his hammer with all the effort of a 4 year old girl.
Our hack azz service manager goes to assist. He says, put some heat to it..
So, the fluffer fires up the torch. Puts some heat to it. Taps on it again.
Service manager says "More heat!" So, he does.
Next thing a guy knows there is a boom that sounded similar to a 12 guage.
The heat melted the grease, which sealed the ball to the socket, then built pressure and shot the biatch out of there like a Saturn V rocket.

I then got pulled off of putting an engine in a Cadillac SRX to finish it, likely because he soiled his My Little Pony undies.
Ground off the peened over part of the joint, 3 hits with my hammer and it was out..

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have to be careful once you start getting tension onto the coils. I have almost eaten a few before.

Here's another good story from yesterday.
One of the resident sheep fluffers decided that his nuts were finally large enough to replace a lower ball joint in an 08 Silverado.
They press in. The top is peened over and has to be ground off before knocking it out.
Well, he spent 45 minutes tapping on it with his hammer with all the effort of a 4 year old girl.
Our hack azz service manager goes to assist. He says, put some heat to it..
So, the fluffer fires up the torch. Puts some heat to it. Taps on it again.
Service manager says "More heat!" So, he does.
Next thing a guy knows there is a boom that sounded similar to a 12 guage.
The heat melted the grease, which sealed the ball to the socket, then built pressure and shot the biatch out of there like a Saturn V rocket.

I then got pulled off of putting an engine in a Cadillac SRX to finish it, likely because he soiled his My Little Pony undies.
Ground off the peened over part of the joint, 3 hits with my hammer and it was out..

I have youngins do that here. Beat the hell out of it for awhile, then ask.me for help. Ask if they ground the ears off the top? I get a look and they go back to wacking it with a hammer. Service manager askes me to help. Grind, smack, done!

How did that srx turn out Ed?

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All back together.
I hit the start button, and "click". I can hear the starter pinion engage, but it wont turn over..
Once they submerged it, they tried to restart it. Many times. Until it popped the 300A fuse for the starter.
Which, isnt just a simple fuse, it's one of those funky plate types with 5 different fuses built into 1. And of course, GM makes a different one for every damn car, and we dont have just the $28 fuse.
But, we have the fuse block with it for $75.
Insurance said no on block, so I now wait for a fuse..

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice!

Wish i was good enough to do a whole engine replacement in just one post! :campeon:

If they would have left me alone, it would have been done in a day.
But, you know how that goes..

Worst part about that whole job was the steering intermediate shaft.
Like a dumbazz I forgot to move the seat back before pulling the fuse block.
And it slides off the steering gear to the side, not straight up.
And of course the pinch bolt did just that, pinched it down to where it wouldnt come off without cussing.