1988 Ford F-150 Resto Thread!

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do those shifters have the stud coming out of the trans, then a bonded rubber piece holding it to the shifter?
I can't recall what used that, but I do recall replacing some like that from guys gorilla shifting.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do those shifters have the stud coming out of the trans, then a bonded rubber piece holding it to the shifter?
I can't recall what used that, but I do recall replacing some like that from guys gorilla shifting.

It has two plastic bushings supporting a ball stud. Ill definitely be puting up pictures later. On my way to get parts now!

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dont know if you figured out the ignition issue, but I ad an 89 that would do that and it was the pushrod in the column that pushed down when the key was turned to start. It was worn and wasn't pushing far enough to engage. It was a tilt column though,not sure if yours is.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My '88 had a pin under the threaded collar that holds the stick shift in place. The collar worked itself loose and the pin fell out....no more shifty. Good thing it was in second gear,crawled home.

I still have one of those pins here somewhere if you need it Steve. There's a new rear pinion seal laying around here too that I'll never use.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My '88 had a pin under the threaded collar that holds the stick shift in place. The collar worked itself loose and the pin fell out....no more shifty. Good thing it was in second gear,crawled home.

I still have one of those pins here somewhere if you need it Steve. There's a new rear pinion seal laying around here too that I'll never use.

Got a whole kit in hand with all the fixins! Thanks for the offer!

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dont know if you figured out the ignition issue, but I ad an 89 that would do that and it was the pushrod in the column that pushed down when the key was turned to start. It was worn and wasn't pushing far enough to engage. It was a tilt column though,not sure if yours is.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That happend to me a few months ago. Wasn't a bent rod but a broke the lock actuator.

20181210_131200.jpg
20181210_152231.jpg