High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

1128 Series Month

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
9:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Was actually trimmed to clearance the piston skirts.
Let me get more up to speed, what piston was it? Presumably not a stock 1128 series one?

No fuel flow there.
I suppose that there must be marginal turbulence caused as the piston descends compressing the charge underneath the skirt......but it's probably negligible. I guess the steps don't effect transfer port flow since those ports are of the closed type.

Sorry to dwell on it....me and a pal just noticed the step in the casings...and thought "what's all that about" and "does it effect anything"....:rolleyes:

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
5:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let me get more up to speed, what piston was it? Presumably not a stock 1128 series one?

I suppose that there must be marginal turbulence caused as the piston descends compressing the charge underneath the skirt......but it's probably negligible. I guess the steps don't effect transfer port flow since those ports are of the closed type.

Sorry to dwell on it....me and a pal just noticed the step in the casings...and thought "what's all that about" and "does it effect anything"....:rolleyes:

Stock 046/460 piston

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So in other words, cutting back that step is essential when building a 044 / 460 hybrid (i.e. 044 cases/ 460 top end) ?
Essentially, but not in all cases.
The first one I built, I did not clearance the case.
The pics above are of DDaves hybrid I built and I felt it was a necessary precaution to do this on his saw.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Notice any advantage in power vs stock/OEM piston?
Wider skirts, no cutting the base, single ring, a little lighter than oem. I did have to put windows in the piston and that took more time than the porting. Very simple mods to the jug and it is faster than anything I have here now in small stuff and was just a tick behind the ported 661 and 385 in bigger wood.

Last edited:

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wider skirts, no cutting the base, single ring, a little lighter than oem. I did have to put windows in the piston and that took more time than the porting. Very simple mods to the jug and it is faster than anything I have here now in small stuff and was just a tick behind the ported 661 and 385 in bigger wood.

Mike how is an oem 272 piston in these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
9:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Essentially, but not in all cases.
The first one I built, I did not clearance the case.
The pics above are of DDaves hybrid I built and I felt it was a necessary precaution to do this on his saw.

No. I didn't do it when I built my hybrid. Every saw is different tho

Thanks for these replies people. Hopefully my new OEM 460 P+C arrives today. So I'll be able to see for myself :)