High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

10mm 044 piston help

Loanstar

When I grow up I want to be a "they"
Local time
11:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Howdy folks, I'm not new here just haven't had anything to build in a while. I've searched several sites and read all the build threads i could find but. I haven't found a definitive answer on ordering a new piston. Most the builds i've read the op recieved the wrong piston,or are older threads that may not be applicable today. Has anyone "recently" ordered a new am 10mm o44 piston and recieved what they needed? Who? Where? How much? I'm putting together a parts list and this one part has me stalled. Thanks in advance.

Loanstar

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses. Now that i know I need every other moving part on this project i may have to go about it differently. The cylinder plating is pitted badly,the crank is broken and the flywheel is also. Now ive gotta save a little longer for all that.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
12:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little pin holes? The older jugs are all like that.

Loanstar

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
BIG pinholes. I first met this saw about ten yrs ago. Did a tuneup and muf mod for the guy. Told him if he ever wanted to sell it i wanted it. Well he passed away and it has sat for years with dirtdobbers filling every hole. That coroded the cylinder i believe. I was worried about getting the right piston and it turned out to be the only usable part. My luck.

Loanstar

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks Cracker. I've got to do the greenback shuffle first is all.

Loanstar

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks @ mastermind.