090AV

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same saw with a different clutch and top end isn’t it?
Kind of but the 070 and 720 are none AV the 090AV's have a different left side case half to mount the front AV.
You can't convert the 070 720 into a AV saw without that case half but I think I did read once someone did a dodgy mod or something? to make a 070 into a old style 090AV ??.
You would need deep pockets to make up one of the last style 090AV's out of parts.
20190713_182710.jpg

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I'm being a little conservative on that price for the case half as well lol
$990 for a dirty old OEM 3120 cylinder last time I got a price from the Husky dealer here before it closed doors.

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And here he is my oldman a couple years ago ripping a billet down the guts with a 880.
Yeah sorry he's never seen axe men or anything he's just an old school cutter they don't do social media the old guns they don't think what they do is anything special for real!.
I should get a vid of him talking chainsaws oneday might trigger a few but anyways...lol
He makes me lough when he says yeah them plastic ms660 cut ok for a little saw! Lol
4.jpg

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah nothing Stihl parts is cheap here some guy sells heaps of OEM 090AV parts on eBay AU here just had a look this is what a clutch is in AUD
View attachment 190122

I think I actually bought parts from this guy when I was doing my 090. He was really helpful in getting my stuff stateside for the price I think I paid 220 total clutch, bearing, crush washer, and the flat disk.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And here he is my oldman a couple years ago ripping a billet down the guts with a 880.
Yeah sorry he's never seen axe men or anything he's just an old school cutter they don't do social media the old guns they don't think what they do is anything special for real!.
I should get a vid of him talking chainsaws oneday might trigger a few but anyways...lol
He makes me lough when he says yeah them plastic ms660 cut ok for a little saw! Lol
View attachment 190453
Great story, thanks. We had,an old timer logger in his 70's at the PNW gtg a,couple of years back whom's story was amazing. Unfortunately he has now passed. Wearing tennis shoes, small of stature and with bad balance he climed up on the 80" log that was there for the long bar saws. Then one handed, reached down and grabbed my ported 088 with 60" bar, proceeded to fire it up, probably without decomp, and one handed it into the wood and showed us cutting techniques. We had loggers there (I'm not one) around my age of 53 at the time with 30+ years of experience, however this man was of or in a different league. All of this while laughing, what he represented and showed us was simply amazing.