High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

076 case split and rebuild

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So i aquired an 076AV it does run but needs some help. I'd like to do a total rebuild/restore. I like that parts are pretty available still for this one. Question is do i need special tools to split the case on this? Ive actually never split a saw case. I want and need to learn the process. This saw seem like a good candidate as it looks pretty simple to have down to the crankcase in short order.

Tpagel

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can do it, look at splitter plans or use heat. Or borrow one; I know a guy.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ive got one saw ahead of the 076. Im in the middle of splittin and repainting a 1050 super. After thats done ill start on the 076

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I havent started on mine yet. My 1050 super jumped the line. If you have that many,maybe do you have an extra fuel tank/recoil? The screw holes on mine are super worn out. Its a late model tank assembly

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I havent started on mine yet. My 1050 super jumped the line. If you have that many,maybe do you have an extra fuel tank/recoil? The screw holes on mine are super worn out. Its a late model tank assembly

Sorry, don't have either. I have an 051 or two that I'm converting and I need the big tanks for these. And I don't have any extra recoils; had to buy a few nice ones to have enough for the saws that I have.

You can still find this stuff on eBay and on some of the Facebook Stihl pages.

Scott

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stuff is available but you must be patient. Stihl made millions of these saws. I look for a bit
for a fuel tank and a fellow member found one for me and it was the correct large tank. On
a side not I have a 076 Super with the small fuel tank and appears to be original. I have a
passion for these 075's and 076's and think they are very unique in there own way. They
can be very good and strong runners. But I have had a couple that vibrated more than my
liking so I sold them.
Good luck on your rebuild.