2016.png

If he can't fix it no one can

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Wow that sure was a pain in the butt getting the intake boot set up right. The intake is so low compared to the 066 location that I had to completely change most of the carb box area. The 044 boot I had on it was a complete failure in performance but I was able to get an 084 boot to match up to a WB carb quite nicely. The flange I used to connect the carb to the boot is too weak and flexing enough to allow it to leak at wot. Now I need to make another stronger one and then I think it may be time to do a little port work on it. It'll clobber the ported 394 I have as it is so I'm not sure how much I'm going to want to do to it.
20161017_035235.jpg 20161017_035440.jpg

I'm starting to like the way this thing is turning out. Here's a clip of it with the big carb as is...with the leaky boot connection.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think it will be a beast after some grinding

If the cylinder hasn't been lowered then timing will be whatever it was on the 394 chassis which is good numbers
Yeah it's in a pretty good place as it is. For starters I'm opening up the inside of the intake flange to match the boot. That may be all I need to do. But then I think "why go tame on the cylinder if I'm going so balls out on the intake", so this thing should get pretty race like.

Last edited:

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
12:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gee Whiz! Andreas Stihl is rolling in his grave but Erik Dahlbergh is gettin a chub...

Building street stocks twenty years ago in Illinois, a 9" Ford rear end was as much as anyone would try to get by with...that and some skinned panels, truck spring on the right front and grinding three inch of tread off 12" hoosiers to make them look like 9" tires. I remember these one boys from Brownstown who had the lincoln rear end, skinned panels all that, but in their '76 Camaro they also had a 360 with a four barrel and a 727 Chrysler tranny. Dunno what they did to it but it was fast. Everybody knew what they were up to and that it was probably a grenade. Hey man grenades are people too.....

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
1:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gee Whiz! Andreas Stihl is rolling in his grave but Erik Dahlbergh is gettin a chub...

Building street stocks twenty years ago in Illinois, a 9" Ford rear end was as much as anyone would try to get by with...that and some skinned panels, truck spring on the right front and grinding three inch of tread off 12" hoosiers to make them look like 9" tires. I remember these one boys from Brownstown who had the lincoln rear end, skinned panels all that, but in their '76 Camaro they also had a 360 with a four barrel and a 727 Chrysler tranny. Dunno what they did to it but it was fast. Everybody knew what they were up to and that it was probably a grenade. Hey man grenades are people too.....
Not quite sure if this is a compliment or ..... Not