High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

064 tuning help

Pointer_1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I got a new (to me) 064 a while back that I just got around to messing with. Saw had new piston/rings, new carb kit, and port matched muffler. The guy I got it off said it ran great but he also lived in a very different elevation than myself. When I got it I just made sure it fired and then put it up, then life took over til now. It fired up but would't idle or run for more than a few seconds. I tuned the H and L all the way in and backed them off 1 1/4 turns each, and turned out the idle screw a bit. Saw would run now but not for more than 30 seconds. I turned the L screw out maybe another 1/8 of a turn. Started up and turned the idle back out a bit. Saw idles now, and continues to do so without shutting off. Put the tach on it. Idle is at around 2450-2600, chain is not moving. if I turn the idle back in it sounds like its going to die. Went wot a few times and it's around 12600.

However, there is a hesitation from idle when i give it some throttle. What should I be doing to get rid of this? How do the other numbers look? I know I need to get it in some wood to do this properly but this is just preliminary.

Sorry if this is basic, just my first time trying to fine tune.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the tune and saws behavior changed that much from when you bought it id say something isnt quite right. As in carb gummed up fuel line soft or hard. What id recommend is to inspect further before you put it to real work. If tuning it to your elevation works tune stays consistant and at normal settings then maybe you are ok. If settings are much different then normal/stock look further. 064s are sweet saws dont want to burn it down over something you can control.