Status
Not open for further replies.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
1:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What do I stand to gain by lying about port timing?

I say it's 98 and Brad said it's 96
Why would I do that?

I built it and it ran great so why would a guy worry so much about it to call someone a lier. Why does it matter if the exhaust is 98? I ported it,not John
Or Keith or anybody else.
Why would Brad time it?

If anybody Involved would have been truthful and up front this wouldn't be.

All of this because they don't want there saw fixed for free. Lol

If Edwad wants his saw fixed I'll fix it.
Send it to me and I'll take care of it.

I have new cases and crank and a piston and cylinder.

I built that saw for a friend and took great care doing it because I wanted him to be impressed, he told me he loved it but he lied and him and his buddy based this whole thing and have argued for over a month over this saw after making 2 cuts,said it wouldn't noodle with a 24" but a stock saw should no problem,since then I have tried to get it back because something was wrong.

I'm baffled to why someone would call me a lier over port timing.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
2:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People read wheels differently and look at the port differently when reading a wheel I would assume
Think people vary in their opinion of what an open port is.

Visually open exhaust port to me can be 4* lower than if I look for light coming though from the flashlight in the plug hole method.

Viewing transfer opening through the exhaust port. I've been 6* off.

The only real method for me is putting a ring in there, setting it with a degree wheel, and using a pic to see if it's on the money.

laslabjohn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This entire event is disturbing.

Seems like there have been multiple issues that have been handled (or offered to be) in an inappropriate manner. Emotions and pride have clouded judgement and plain ole common sense in many ways.

There have been murmurings about this behind the scenes. Innuendos and people texting/talking/messaging. I personally want no part of that. Nothing makes me feel more two faced than talking about someone behind their back.

Text messages are private and should never be made public. I am not faulting the guy who did it in this case as it seemed like his last resort to clear his name.

All the guys involved here are good guys. Jason is a huge contributor to OUR site and has a lot to offer. He's a talented builder and (likely) under 1% of his product failing doesn't make him a bad builder.

Keith is a great guy. I don't really know John or Ed, but they seem to be as well.

Many things we can argue in perpetuity about here. Everyone can draw their own conclusions here. It's time to move on.

Let's turn this around. How about a sticky thread to fund this Saw being rebuilt. @Mastermind, is that a ridiculous idea?

Members can donate parts, labor/talents, or plain ole cash so that Edwad gets the Saw back that he bought without too much ass hurt.

Let's let this dead horse lie and do something positive. We will use this bad event to show how good we can all be towards each other. Hopefully that will restore some faith and good will in each other. Let's remember why we were so happy when this site was created. It was a breath of fresh air as opposed to the AS. Let's keep it that way.

I know we can do this guys.

Al
Yes sir, I agree 1000 percent. I will no longer speak of this. This has went farther then it needed too. And I am letting it be.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think people vary in their opinion of what an open port is.

Visually open exhaust port to me can be 4* lower than if I look for light coming though from the flashlight in the plug hole method.

Viewing transfer opening through the exhaust port. I've been 6* off.

The only real method for me is putting a ring in there, setting it with a degree wheel, and using a pic to see if it's on the money.
John and I have sat for hrs comparing reading #s Al just because of what u r saying. We have discussed glimmer of light or light showing, look through the plughole or through a port, etc. I usually look for a definite opening of say 20% of the arch on exhaust, crown level with top of transfer , 20% of arch opening on intake. Its the way I and John read and we settled on and when we port together we double check each others reading and rezero the wheel and double check each other several more times. Just our method and Im sure Brads way of reading is different from Jasons? Dont think either party misrepresented their statements

Last edited:

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ill be the 1st to apologize to Jason for any demeaning conversation between he and I over the last month and will say I still very much respect his experience, expertise , and porting abilities and I know he is more than capable of producing a saw exactly as the customer requests. The other issues John has pointed out about misrepresentation will be up to Jason to either take constructively or build anger and hold it in.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I check transfers with a ring.
They are at 121 Brad has 117
Looking through the plug whole.

Why does it matter?

I've offered to fix it a 100 times so why is this still going? Trying to get even with me for what? Trying to make me look bad so I loose business? Over what? Because I want to fix the saw? For free.

It just doesn't make sense.
Why is there no pics of the port work on here or sent to me? Why would he not send me the saw? He wouldn't send it to me before he thought I done shotty work.
Why?

You guys keep trying to hurt my way of paying bills,your just hurting yourself.

I've built 100's over years and years and I don't think one saw will change that but it sure is nice to have your buddys try.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ill be the 1st to apologize to Jason for any demeaning conversation between he and I over the last month and will say I still very much respect his experience, expertise , and porting abilities and I know he is more than capable of producing a saw exactly as the customer requests. The other issues John has pointed out about misrepresentation will be up to Jason to either take constructively or build anger and hold it in.
If I was told the truth from the beginning none of this would be.

There has to be something else going on for it to be this way.

I've fought and argued for 5 weeks over a saw that I spent a lot of time on.
I talked the owner down a few hundred dollars and held the saw so my buddy could have it. I get repaid by being called a lier over 2 degrees of exhaust timing on a forum that a lot of my income comes from.

I have every part to fix the saw and I can't so what else should I do?
I'm walking away from this,the saw and the buddys.
Good luck getting the saw going again.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I check transfers with a ring.
They are at 121 Brad has 117
Looking through the plug whole.

Why does it matter?

I've offered to fix it a 100 times so why is this still going? Trying to get even with me for what? Trying to make me look bad so I loose business? Over what? Because I want to fix the saw? For free.

It just doesn't make sense.
Why is there no pics of the port work on here or sent to me? Why would he not send me the saw? He wouldn't send it to me before he thought I done shotty work.
Why?

You guys keep trying to hurt my way of paying bills,your just hurting yourself.

I've built 100's over years and years and I don't think one saw will change that but it sure is nice to have your buddys try.
I dont think any of this will affect your business at all Jason. If anything it will make u a better porter and myself and John have never doubted your experience and abilities and everyone knows u can build a hell of a saw. Ive never heard John say 1 time that u couldnt port and I sure havent since I have 2 saws ported under your instruction! There was ill feelings with John and I in that u blamed us for the saw not having lean on and u were blaming the problem on us? The saw blew and it was our fault until several established folks have said it was something else and not rpm?

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was told the truth from the beginning none of this would be.

There has to be something else going on for it to be this way.

I've fought and argued for 5 weeks over a saw that I spent a lot of time on.
I talked the owner down a few hundred dollars and held the saw so my buddy could have it. I get repaid by being called a lier over 2 degrees of exhaust timing on a forum that a lot of my income comes from.

I have every part to fix the saw and I can't so what else should I do?
I'm walking away from this,the saw and the buddys.
Good luck getting the saw going again.
This is exactlty what Im talking about. U cant accept the saw blew and it wasnt anyones fault and proabably not your fault? The saw failed!! Period!! Can the almighty Jason Stratton from JMS saws maybe produced one saw that failed in 10yrs??!! It failed! Your damn attitude is the problem with your ego and pride being in the way!! Admit the saw just failed and move on! Nobody lied to u in their opinions but u in fact misrepresented alot and tried putting the blame on others for a damn saw that simply failed!!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That moved me Al. :abrazo:

I liked it to.

Jason, I'm pretty sure Mike ain't planning to send this thing back to you. So, I say forget about it. You have offered to fix it. That's all you can do. I let this thread go for one reason only. To allow you to say that, and you have several times. Regardless of the back and forth, that's all you really can do. This thread ends now. I'm going to lock it, and after awhile, I'll delete it. People need to see that you are willing to fix a saw that you built no matter what. That's important. If you do this stuff on a public forum, you will sometimes end up doing things just to keep a good reputation that suck.

Al, let's find Mike some parts and be done with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.