High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

044 project

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Now Now lets keep the politics out of the forum please. one thing i cant stand is to go to a concert i paid for from great musicians like u2 and roger waters and listen to there liberal rants about u.s. politics when they dont even live in the u.s. if youd watch fox news instead of mslsd and the clinton news network youd be watching real news not fake news, the mods dont like politics in these forums it starts problems.

wyksta

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Now Now lets keep the politics out of the forum please. one thing i cant stand is to go to a concert i paid for from great musicians like u2 and roger waters and listen to there liberal rants about u.s. politics when they dont even live in the u.s. if youd watch fox news instead of mslsd and the clinton news network youd be watching real news not fake news, the mods dont like politics in these forums it starts problems.

I'm from Texas. I just happen to be lucky enough to live in Ireland. I'm not a big fan of politics in non political forums myself, but the stuff that comes out of Trumps mouth is pure stupidity regardless of which side of the news fence you are on(and I am a registered republican). I am embarrassed for Trump, and the US. Listening to some insight from other countries might just be what Fox news folks need to do. But criticizing someone else's politics, and then tell them to shut up about politics, though? That's an interesting approach. Very Trump-like. ;)

Last edited:

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm from Texas. I just happen to be lucky enough to live in Ireland. I'm not a big fan of politics in non political forums myself, but the stuff that comes out of Trumps mouth is pure stupidity regardless of which side of the news fence you are on(and I am a registered republican). I am embarrassed for Trump, and the US. Listening to some insight from other countries might just be what Fox news folks need to do. But criticizing someone else's politics, and then tell them to shut up about politics, though? That's an interesting approach. Very Trump-like. ;)
Im not going to get into this debate other then better then the last 8 years we have had.thank you

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was going to say, we had a binary choice and the other candidate was not acceptable, so we will take our chances.

So far, the stock market likes it, and not just the US market.

What we needed was another Teddy Roosevelt, but unfortunately, he is long gone.

Does Trump say stupid things ... YES ... but at least you know what he is thinking, unlike his predecessor who masterfully deceived the masses. Affordable Health Care my A$$.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was going to say, we had a binary choice and the other candidate was not acceptable, so we will take our chances.

So far, the stock market likes it, and not just the US market.

What we needed was another Teddy Roosevelt, but unfortunately, he is long gone.

Does Trump say stupid things ... YES ... but at least you know what he is thinking, unlike his predecessor who masterfully deceived the masses. Affordable Health Care my A$$.
Well said just remember ben gahzi.this is why im banned on As arguing with the leftist in political section.not a good conversation topic.not goun there again

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok so I made a couple of saw vids. Please feel free to comment either about the saw or my fashion sense!!! But seriously, I'm rubbish at fine tuning, so all tips gratefully received.

I'm saving the bigger wood for when it's broke in better. It's only on the third tank :(. In the first vid, I'd got a limb of birch. But I didn't realise that it was a little rotten half way through. I guess it's still four stroking from pretty much all the way through the cutting.

The next stuff is beech, which was much tougher, but then I got the age old problem that the saw's torque was dragging everything all over!

Prior to cuts, I played with the H screw a bit, and had it tached at about 13.7K. I'll try to do some better vids in a week or two. Still would appreciate any remarks that you want to make :)

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In other news today.....

It's true - I'm addicted to hybrid builds now. I bought another 044 last night!!!

Briefly: it's a runner, apparently a good one, a 12mm w/p already, so I won't have to grind the cases this time.

I ain't gonna touch it till next summer I don't think.....too pi$$ing cold in my w/shop for starters!

I'm toying with the idea of one of those 54mm MS460 BB kits (hyway?) this time. So I guess I'll probably start pestering people in the next few months as I start to get itchy....
Don't do it Matt! Someone has probably already said this though!

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dunno, the things I do.....

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

it's machine no 138133165.

And it come in at 260 squid + 20 postage.

Nice saw buddy!

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, ok....

Thanks for the comments! I knew the saw was 4-stroking basically all the while in the birch, since unfortunately that birch was starting to rot slightly. (We burn a lot of wood in the winter and we can't afford to be that picky).

In the beech, I had harder wood there, but the log was shaking so much underfoot that I couldn't get a great amount of load on it. Until about the 0.41 - 0.44 when I think that the note is getting a lot cleaner.

I do have shorter bars but I'm quite keen on using the 25" one mainly because it means I have to stoop down less when cutting wood lower down!!!

To answer @Time's Standing Stihl 's question earlier. I'm not 100% on the H screw setting - I think it's probably 1+3/8 turns right now. But I try to just my ear and tach right now.

Anyway, I guess it's good to keep it quick rich for the first 10 tanks or so, to help it break in, since the jug and slug are both brand new, and saw is modded a little.

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, me sending a couple more vids in a week or so has turned into me doing a couple more vids now!

I played some more with the H screw. The tach is now hitting 14.6k at times. These things can rev!

In about a foot of nice beech:

Then I tried to find something close by that would take up all the bar. Unfortunately it's, umm, a bit dead, (by about 5 years!!!, but still seem fairly hard when my 064 removed the tree remains for one of my neighbours earlier this year)

Both opinions and insults are equally welcome :)

I've gotta go out and actually do some work now....