026 aftermarket cylinder opinions

Tugg

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was wondering if anyone had an aftermarket 026 cylinder they liked. Either 44 or 44.7

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There really aren’t any.

NWP is the best I’ve seen, but every single one will have some inconsistency and be sub par with oem.

See if your cylinder will clean up and if not, try to source a used oem cylinder. You’ll be happier in the end.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OEM all the way, with so much used parts out there for the 026 and MS260 its a no brainer to run only OEM cylinders. As already said, all AM cylinders are sub par compared to OEM and take some work to even come close power/performance wise.

Tugg

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the responses fellers. For some reason a used OEM 026 cylinders have eluded me. Not sure why other than I didn't want to put much into this saw.
The saw was wrecked when I got it. It looks like someone tried to run a 44.7 piston in a 44 cylinder and things go stuck. I always try to run OEM cylinders. I was just looking at the Hutzl one and ebay and was looking for input. I am a little surprised how negative the feedback is. Is there any other aftermarket cylinders on any saw other then meteor that you guys would give a thumbs up to. I always try to only use aftermarket on parts where tolerances and build quality is not as important, like covers. I thought some were having some luck with aftermarket cylinders,no?

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep in mind most everybody on this forum is an enthusiast. And quality and performance is of the utmost importance. Aftermarket cylinders and pistons will run but all of them will require some attention to details to make them last.

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses fellers. For some reason a used OEM 026 cylinders have eluded me. Not sure why other than I didn't want to put much into this saw.
The saw was wrecked when I got it. It looks like someone tried to run a 44.7 piston in a 44 cylinder and things go stuck. I always try to run OEM cylinders. I was just looking at the Hutzl one and ebay and was looking for input. I am a little surprised how negative the feedback is. Is there any other aftermarket cylinders on any saw other then meteor that you guys would give a thumbs up to. I always try to only use aftermarket on parts where tolerances and build quality is not as important, like covers. I thought some were having some luck with aftermarket cylinders,no?

Hey man, I just scored an 026 Pro that had scoring on the exhaust side of the piston/cylinder. The piston is scrap but the cylinder may clean up. I bought a new OEM piston/cylinder kit for it so I don't need the old cylinder.

I have no idea if it will clean up, but I will send it to you for the cost of shipping. I have a bar to drop off at the post office for another member tomorrow and can drop that off as well.

PM me your address if you want it. If it doesn't go out tomorrow, it will be 2 weeks as I fly out Saturday morning on a business trip.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey man, I just scored an 026 Pro that had scoring on the exhaust side of the piston/cylinder. The piston is scrap but the cylinder may clean up. I bought a new OEM piston/cylinder kit for it so I don't need the old cylinder.

I have no idea if it will clean up, but I will send it to you for the cost of shipping. I have a bar to drop off at the post office for another member tomorrow and can drop that off as well.

PM me your address if you want it. If it doesn't go out tomorrow, it will be 2 weeks as I fly out Saturday morning on a business trip.

That's sweet!