High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

025 Big bore

ShaggyClyde

OPE Member
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Is there a big bore kit available for an 025 or is there other piston options if i bore the 025 cylinder to fit a bigger saws piston.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've not heard of anyone doing this before, but it's not a model I deal with regularly so I'll wait for others to chip in

Edit: I see it's your first post so not sure if you're taking the piss or not, but probably best upgrading to a pro saw such as an 026 first, then if you're still hungry for power send it to randy or a number of other porting gurus over your side of the pond to be properly brought to life

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a big bore kit available for an 025 or is there other piston options if i bore the 025 cylinder to fit a bigger saws piston.

No. Most AM chainsaw big bore kits perform poorer than their oem standard bore counterparts due to the transfers being smaller. You would end up with the same issue boring out your cylinder. Also you would need to have it replated. By the time you are done, you will have more money in it than a ported pro saw.
Is your cylinder damaged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShaggyClyde

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've not heard of anyone doing this before, but it's not a model I deal with regularly so I'll wait for others to chip in

Edit: I see it's your first post so not sure if you're taking the piss or not, but probably best upgrading to a pro saw such as an 026 first, then if you're still hungry for power send it to randy or a number of other porting gurus over your side of the pond to be properly brought to life

I acquired this saw for free. the piston is bad and the cylinder is grooved. It would save me money if i could bore out the cylinder and fit a slightly bigger piston. I'm am new to the whole "saw modding" thing but i do work at a saw shop and work on them all day, so i could do the work myself, just clueless to aftermarket part andupgrades.

ShaggyClyde

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No. Most AM chainsaw big bore kits perform poorer than their oem standard bore counterparts due to the transfers being smaller. You would end up with the same issue boring out your cylinder. Also you would need to have it replated. By the time you are done, you will have more money in it than a ported pro saw.
Is your cylinder damaged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, just gonna replace it with an oem spec cylinder and piston.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how do i go about doing that once i get it running?
You'll need to file the cast-in-flywheel crank key. Take about .025 off of the left side as you view it from behind the flywheel. Then you will be able to rotate the flywheel counter clockwise when you install it. You should feel it's ability to rotate a bit when it's seated on the crank snout.