024 Super Arctic Rebuild Help

mikerudder

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked up an 024 Super Arctic (I think?)

S/N 114014117

I need a quite a few parts to get this thing going, just wondering if anyone out there has some parts for it?
From what I understand, most 024/026 parts are interchangeable.
Would probably be best to buy a parts saw if one could be had for a decent price.

I need:
Cylinder
Piston
Upper Buffer
Top Cover
Air Filter Cover
Chain Brake Handle and Components (Levers, springs and e-clips, I have the brake band)
Trigger Cover
Throttle Rod (WT 194 Carb)
Intake Boot Sleeve/Insert -
New Fuel/Impulse Lines
Air Filter
Carb Kit
Contact Spring/Kill Switch

Also, if anyone has any pointers for these saws, or any insight on how I should tackle this project, please let me know.
IMG_3046.JPG
IMG_3043.JPG
IMG_3038.JPG
IMG_3034.JPG
IMG_3037.JPG

mikerudder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could anyone show me how the wiring is supposed to be hooked up?

I think I am also missing the heating plate for the carb?

Does anyone have a picture of an arctic setup that they could send me on their saw?

Thanks!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
11:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wiring comes up over the upper left av and down through a grommet in the upper left top of the carb box. Longer wire goes to the master control lever, Shorter wire goes through the flat spring

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wiring comes up over the upper left av and down through a grommet in the upper left top of the carb box. Longer wire goes to the master control lever, Shorter wire goes through the flat spring

That might be good for stopping the saw but I think he wants the routing for the heated handles unless I read his request incorrectly...:)

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That might be good for stopping the saw but I think he wants the routing for the heated handles unless I read his request incorrectly...:)
Welp, he said wiring, lol. I'm guessing you know a bit more than me about the heated parts :)

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp, he said wiring, lol. I'm guessing you know a bit more than me about the heated parts :)

I have been into a few that`s for sure, its cold up here and heated handle saws are common, I sure like mine but I don`t have any picts to help the OP out..:)

mikerudder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im in Kamloops but out of town for a few days, I may have a bunch of the needed parts,, but cant tell till I get home.
I just redid a 024/026 and had some leftovers,,,
Let me know when you get home bob. Found a few parts locally and have a few coming in the mail next week.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That got an 024 flywheel and an 026 air filter.

Are you sure it's a super? If so, how do you know?

If it is indeed a super, you can use an 026 P&C, you just have to cut the two rear fins off the jug to fit the 024 top cover. But there's no way it was running 024 rear plastics with that filter there.

If you put an OEM 026 P&C on it with no gasket and the squish is under .025, you've got a super/026/32mm crank.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
None of mine are heated. Don't see many around here. Too tropical I guess
The routing of the heater wires is pretty straight forward for someone that has worked these saws for years on end but it is a bit daunting for someone that hasn`t had the chance to rewire one. The wire from the charge coil under the flywheel follows the same route as the shutoff wire from the coil up into the carb airbox.
If the OP doesn`t get any picts I can guide him where each wire leads from there.

mikerudder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If it is indeed a super, you can use an 026 P&C, you just have to cut the two rear fins off the jug to fit the 024 top cover. But there's no way it was running 024 rear plastics with that filter there.

If you put an OEM 026 P&C on it with no gasket and the squish is under .025, you've got a super/026/32mm crank.

I put the air filter on it from an 026 that I had kicking around. I was told it was an 024 Super by the previous owner, who I trust knew what he was talking about.

I have an 024 Super P&C on that way, should be here fairly soon.
I will keep you posted on fitment and squish!

mikerudder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I put the air filter on it from an 026 that I had kicking around. I was told it was an 024 Super by the previous owner, who I trust knew what he was talking about.

I have an 024 Super P&C on that way, should be here fairly soon.
I will keep you posted on fitment and squish!

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I probably have the intake boot air filter (new aftermarket) this block is a 42mm cylinder is good piston is not.
all the chainbrake stuff is there oiler clutch etc
This a 024 not an S.
Let me know your list as you say you have stuff coming.
stihl.jpg