High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone using Forester Bars? New Featherlite...

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
been running Forester bars for several years. work ok. Better than what has been coming from Oregon as of late. I would not rate them as high as the pre Oregon Windsor bars. Now that Carlton is part or Oregon also - hard to say what will happen. Carlton Bars were ok also pre Oregon.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
been running Forester bars for several years. work ok. Better than what has been coming from Oregon as of late. I would not rate them as high as the pre Oregon Windsor bars. Now that Carlton is part or Oregon also - hard to say what will happen. Carlton Bars were ok also pre Oregon.
Tsumura spoiled me on mono solid steel bars.
Under 20" I don't have a problem with laminated bars, but over 20" I prefer solid steel.
Not sure Oregon ever made a solid steel bar?
Could be wrong on that.

I've had the worst luck with Oregon & refuse to buy them (Overpriced).

Back when I bought my 20 & 24" Forester Platinums (4 or 5 years ago) they were cheap $45/ea.
They are more expensive now so I gravitate more to Tsumura for just a little more money.
Both Tsumura & the Forester solid steel bars have been unflappable for me.

EFSM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure Oregon ever made a solid steel bar?
Could be wrong on that.
All of Oregon's PowerCut (formerly PowerMatch) replaceable nose bars are solid. At least most of their old ProLite bars were also solid. We've sold them for years and had fine success with them.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All of Oregon's PowerCut (formerly PowerMatch) replaceable nose bars are solid. At least most of their old ProLite bars were also solid. We've sold them for years and had fine success with them.
Their Rim Drive clutch drums are half way decent, that's about it IMO.

So the "Power Cut" bars are solid steel/heat treated/tempered bars & not "Laminated Steel" bars?

EFSM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the "Power Cut" bars are solid steel/heat treated/tempered bars & not "Laminated Steel" bars?
Correct. All their other bars are now laminated. Laminated are ok until you bend them; then while trying to straighten them the glue/weld snaps.

We have many customers who are very happy with the Oregon solid bars. I also have a Tsumura reduced weight that's a really good bar. For the price, though, Oregon are great and seem to have good tips that are readily available.