Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With the snow melted and the temps warming it has me thinking already of fall and the annual GTG, pretty much the same as last year for the most part, any new ideas welcome. Plenty of room to camp and Motels nearby to get a room, get your reservations plenty early as this is a vacation destination, and rooms may go fast near the date. Should be plenty of wood to cut and have fun exercising your favorite saw/'s, or just bring yourself with friends and/or family if you like and enjoy food and conversation with other members.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
9:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With the snow melted and the temps warming it has me thinking already of fall and the annual GTG, pretty much the same as last year for the most part, any new ideas welcome. Plenty of room to camp and Motels nearby to get a room, get your reservations plenty early as this is a vacation destination, and rooms may go fast near the date. Should be plenty of wood to cut and have fun exercising your favorite saw/'s, or just bring yourself with friends and/or family if you like and enjoy food and conversation with other members.
Where abouts in WI? What town and or County?

Cheato

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for getting the invitation out there Steve. I hope to join you at the GTG this year. Do you have some recommended campgrounds in the area to check out?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for getting the invitation out there Steve. I hope to join you at the GTG this year. Do you have some recommended campgrounds in the area to check out?
Everyone is welcome to set up a tent or camper here if they would like to.
Otherwise I'll refer all other Lodging to the Minocqua Chamber of Commerce.
https://www.minocqua.org/about-us/

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am also having a smaller spring fling if you're interested in either of these or know of another member who is please let me know and I'll add you to the proper PM where the address will be listed.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, we have decided to have a 044/440 run this year as well as a general 70cc class shootout for those without a 44, limit of this is 74cc's.
The divisions will be stock, ported. Stock means stock, should appear stock and run an original type filter under the original cover. No modifications other than exhaust screens are optional. Ported means a typical ported work saw, or otherwise modified to run better.
You'll get one timed run in a log by stop watch to see if your 044/440 or other 70cc saw is the best runner. Log type and diameter yet to be determined. I should know more after the spring fling.
And of course if you have a bit smaller saw like a 400 Stihl, don't feel like you can't play get in there and see how good you can do, might just surprise yourself.
Should be a fun run and there may or may not be prizes, that's yet to be determined.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
9:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just so you all know and can't say I didn't tell ya, the unofficial spring fling gtg is next Saturday. Grt ahold of me if you're interested. Otherwise looking forward to seeing all of you this fall at the main event. :)
This upcoming Saturday, the 18th? I can’t really come, but I do still plan on attending the Fall event.